Tuesday, December 19, 2006

2006…The Year That Was

My own little breakdown of one of the not-so-good years of my life:

January: Started out pregnant, but quickly slid into Miscarriage No. 2. Had a D&C mid-month. The doctor also turned up some precancerous cells on my cervix, so I had to have a biopsy (luckily, negative).

February: Excruciating pain finally convinces my doctor (who is, for obvious reason, no longer my doctor) to do a few tests and Baby No. 2…the twin to the last pregnancy…is found in my tube. Three months after conception. Not a good day.

March: Cycle returns, but take the month off. Discuss future options; decide on IVF.

April: IVF No. 1. Full of optimism and hope! 3 blasts transferred; chemical pregnancy.

May: Waiting for my cycle to return….Pass due date of Baby No. 1. Misery.

June: IVF No. 2! Full of optimism and hope! 4 blasts transferred; BFN.

July: The Dark Days. Turn 34. Wait for cycle to return. Switch RE practices. Decide that I will be a stay-at-home girlfriend and concentrate on getting pregnant only (not too much pressure…)

August: Start Pill to regulate my cycle.

September: Pass due date for Babies 2&3. More misery. IVF No. 3. Filled with pessimism and dismay. Unbelievably, BFP.

October: The month of weekly sonograms/hurdles

November: More sonograms/hurdles…and release to OB.

December: And here we are. Cautiously optimistic. I was pregnant last December, too. And we know how that turned out.

No comments: